Who We Are
Since 1999, Local Book Publishing has been helping small businesses grow and succeed by producing quality telephone directories in southwest Utah, Arizona, Maryland, Delaware, and North Carolina.
Starting with our first book in Salisbury Maryland, Local Book Publishing has steadily grown to 7 directories across the Delmarva Peninsula in Maryland and Delaware. In 2005, Local Book Publishing entered into the St. George Utah market under the name “The Phone Book”. Currently “The Phone Book” covers 4 markets in the Southern Utah and Northern Arizona area. In 2011, Local Book Publishing delivered it’s first book in Greenville North Carolina with the hopes of entering into other markets in the eastern North Carolina area.
What We Do
Local Book Publishing is committed to publishing the most accurate, complete and easiest to use directories in the country. We also commit to printing the number of books we say we’ll print and make sure that every home and business within our communities receives as many directories as needed.
As a community-oriented publisher in Maryland, Delaware, North Carolina, Utah and Arizona, Local Book Publishing strives to stand out and take the lead against their competitors. In both 2009 and 2010, Local Book Publishing was recognized for it’s excellence as Publisher of the Year by the Association of Directory Publishers. This award is given to the publisher that has demonstrated excellence in 15 different categories of marketing, promotion and physical production.
Our goal is simple – produce and deliver the most complete and relevant local business information to consumers while providing affordable, customized marketing solutions to our advertisers.
Our mission at The Local Book is to connect consumers with businesses in their community. As a result, we have a deep connection to the people we serve and the communities they live in. Local Book employees live and work in the neighborhoods where you do.
One significant way The Local Book is serving the community is through its’ vigorous promotion of recycling practices and our commitment to the environment. Some of the ways that we are striving to achieve this are:
- We participate in the Sustainable Forestry Initiative which integrates the harvesting of trees with the conservation of soil, air, and water resources. Due to this initiative, there is more wood growing across the country today, than at any time in the past century.
- The mill that produces the paper used in our books is “Chain of Custody” certified. This means we can trace the wood back to the area it came from to insure the wood is certified. A certified wood product must be harvested from a forest that meets strict standards of sustainability, ecological diversity and socioeconomic responsibility.
- The paper used in our books is produced from renewable and recyclable resources and uses 50% less fiber than traditional paper. It is also 100% chlorine free and comes from otherwise unusable lumber by-products.
- All inks used in our books meet requirements to use the “SoySeal” label. This means that they are created from soybeans and other renewable ink sources and are 100% biodegradable and recyclable.
- The UV coating and binding adhesives are 100% recyclable and biodegradable.
- The paper mill that produces our paper is currently building an $85 million bio-mass boiler that will generate over 75% of it’s energy needs through “Green Energy”.
The Local Book cares about the environment and continues to emphasize recycling efforts to help conserve our natural resources.
Why Use The Local Book
At The Local Book we recognize every business is unique and has different needs when it comes to advertising and marketing. We offer marketing solutions tailored to meet the specific needs of our clients and the audience they target. The Local Book’s proven service and expertise continue to lead our clients to success.